drank Copper Knot Hongcha by Teavana

So this is the tea that introduced me to loose black teas a few years ago when I first started drinking tea that didn’t come in a bag from the grocery store. It is still one of my favourites though I don’t buy it or drink it as much as I used to.

The scent has a hint of sweetness and the taste you can really taste the honey notes. I don’t taste the smokiness that so many of the other notes mention, but the maltiness and the stronger body than I usually drink is quite nice.

I love to watch the leaves unfurl while it is steeping and you can get at least 2 steeps out of a cup, though I usually stop at 2. I add a rounded teaspoon to 14 oz of water and it usually comes out quite well.

Single, vegetarian, asexual, 5 cats. Airplane Engineer. I drink most of my tea with a bit of sugar and all the ones with a black tea base with a little bit of milk too. I’m super sensitive to bitterness and spiciness so I tend to avoid those.

I am also a flavoured matcha latte fanatic.

Renton, WA, USA