Possibly it’s the season, the holidays, something making me focus on this, but as I try it (and it’s cooled down a lot because I forgot I was drinking it..heh) it tastes like gingerbread to me. It doesn’t help that I’m overly sensitive to ginger tastes, and I haven’t liked it much in the past.

I don’t pick up much in the way of chocolate notes, mainly the chai spices and ginger. Maybe a bit in the very first instant the tea hits my tongue on a sip, but it fades really quickly thereafter.

I’m sure that most people will really love this tea, and I can see myself really enjoying it…if I liked ginger. As it is, I don’t hate it (which is unusual for a tea with ginger in it) so that speaks well of it. But I still don’t like it.

Single, vegetarian, asexual, 5 cats. Airplane Engineer. I drink most of my tea with a bit of sugar and all the ones with a black tea base with a little bit of milk too. I’m super sensitive to bitterness and spiciness so I tend to avoid those.

I am also a flavoured matcha latte fanatic.

Renton, WA, USA