drank Cola Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

So I’m trying again today. This time halfsies with Black Cherry matcha, 1/2 tsp total with about…4-5 oz water, frothed frenetically with my electric whisk and 2/3 tsp sugar. Currently cooling a bit from 175 F.

Well, once again, the cola taste just isn’t working for me. I love the smell of it, but it’s not translating to good taste. I think I know what the problem is though, I usually don’t drink a lot of ‘cola’ sodas because the taste isn’t something I’m wowed by, usually drinking Cherry Dr Pepper or Red Mt Dew. Perhaps it tastes like it’s supposed to and I just don’t like it? I’ll have to try it with some seltzer water before I make a final diagnosis, but this is what I’m beginning to suspect. The black cherry half didn’t even perk it up much. I think I’ll continue to just drink that separately.

Single, vegetarian, asexual, 5 cats. Airplane Engineer. I drink most of my tea with a bit of sugar and all the ones with a black tea base with a little bit of milk too. I’m super sensitive to bitterness and spiciness so I tend to avoid those.

I am also a flavoured matcha latte fanatic.

Renton, WA, USA