Trying this matcha for the first time as a hot latte, with my usual preparations. Couple ounces of hot water, bit of sugar, 2/3 tsp matcha, 10 oz hot milk, frothed all up.

This tastes really very raspberry, about halfway between a raspberry candy and an actual raspberry I think. The raspberry is very berry and quite strong, even though I got my matcha only at distinctive flavouring. I think it would be quite good at robust as well. My first batch of the green matchas was done as a buy 10, get 5 free and I got them all at distinctive flavouring. If I were to do so today, I’d get them all at robust, but live and learn. So far there have only been 4 of the ones I’ve purchased that I haven’t liked, the rest have been pretty great. This one included.

I think this one might make a good mixer as well. Mint, vanilla, chocolate, creme brulee and bavarian cream come to mind as good mixers for this. Might do well with cola for those of you who like the cola matcha. I might also try it with champagne too, for a raspberry champagne flavour.

Anyway, you can find this matcha here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/raspberry-matcha.html

Single, vegetarian, asexual, 5 cats. Airplane Engineer. I drink most of my tea with a bit of sugar and all the ones with a black tea base with a little bit of milk too. I’m super sensitive to bitterness and spiciness so I tend to avoid those.

I am also a flavoured matcha latte fanatic.

Renton, WA, USA