Sample from whatshesaid. Thanks!

This smells so incredibly vanilla that I had some high hopes for it, finding my perfect vanilla tea (so far the top is the vanilla tea from Persimmon Tree). Unfortunately the taste doesn’t quite live up to the smell, so I was a little disappointed. I’m currently looking for a vanilla tea that’s really ‘in your face’ so to speak but I haven’t found one yet, subtle seems more the name of the game for most of these. I still keep looking though.

I will say though, I got the perfect amount in my sample for the size pot I have. I probably underleafed it according to instructions (1.5 tsp per 6 oz is a LOT of tea) so perhaps if I had more I would actually use the instructions, though I usually don’t, just go by the 4 tsp per 2 mug rule (mugs != 6 oz). Anyway. Might have to try this one again at some point. How big are DTT’s samples anyway?

Single, vegetarian, asexual, 5 cats. Airplane Engineer. I drink most of my tea with a bit of sugar and all the ones with a black tea base with a little bit of milk too. I’m super sensitive to bitterness and spiciness so I tend to avoid those.

I am also a flavoured matcha latte fanatic.

Renton, WA, USA