Okay, so I’m drinking the first cup of this (brewed Western style because that’s how I roll) cold because I’m intimidated by it and I’ve been staring at it for the last 7 hours now without taking a sip. I have to drink 750 ml of it in the next 2 hours though or I’ll have to pour some out before I go home. I don’t like leaving liquids in the pot overnight.

An hour later, I forget myself and start drinking while talking and I made the most horrible face and had to interrupt myself, coughing. I do not like this tea at all. I liked the sheng version of this cake, but the shu version does not agree with me in the slightest. The ‘earthiness’ (the best word I can find, though it’s not exactly what I’m looking for) is just not to my taste at all. Still on the search for a shu that I can drink.

Stephanie

Heh, puerhs are funny things aren’t they? Sorry you didn’t like it!

Starfevre

Nothing to be sorry about, just part of the horizon-expanding experience.

Terri HarpLady

I have this all measured out, getting ready to try the first steeping :)

Comments

Stephanie

Heh, puerhs are funny things aren’t they? Sorry you didn’t like it!

Starfevre

Nothing to be sorry about, just part of the horizon-expanding experience.

Terri HarpLady

I have this all measured out, getting ready to try the first steeping :)

Single, vegetarian, asexual, 5 cats. Airplane Engineer. I drink most of my tea with a bit of sugar and all the ones with a black tea base with a little bit of milk too. I’m super sensitive to bitterness and spiciness so I tend to avoid those.

I am also a flavoured matcha latte fanatic.

Renton, WA, USA