Another of the samples sent by the lovely Angel from Teavivre.

As others have mentioned, this comes vacuum-sealed and boy does this smell fresh!

I separated my first steeping of this tea into three cups, each steeped for a minute longer. 1 minute was light, as you would imagine, and pleasent. Not tasting any honey at this stage, but the overall flavour makes me look forward to cup #2. 2 minutes and the flavour was beautifully rounded. I could taste the honey just barely and it complemented the oolong beautifully. 3 minutes and the vegetal oolong comes out. For personal taste, I’ll probably steep it around the 2 minute mark from now on.

I thoroughly enjoyed this tea and have marked it down as one to purchase. The little packets would make great stocking stuffers actually. Might have to pick up a bunch for Christmas!

ashmanra

Tea stocking stuffers. I think you just made me cry.

Miss Starfish

With joy, I hope?

ashmanra

Yes! Just the thought of those adorable little packages of tea squirreled away in a stocking!

Comments

ashmanra

Tea stocking stuffers. I think you just made me cry.

Miss Starfish

With joy, I hope?

ashmanra

I generally take my tea straight, although occasionally blacks may end up with a splash of milk if I’m after a certain comfort factor. I’m enjoying expanding my tea palate, and am so far favoring whites and greens the most, although oolongs and blacks aren’t that far behind. Still deciding on rooibos, and have yet to try honeybush.

Likes: Coconut (addict), Peach, Honeydew, Various Melons, Lychee, Nectarine, [Blood and normal] Orange, Tangerine, Berries in general, but specifically Strawberry and Raspberry, Chocolate, Pumpkin, Caramel, Pecan…

Dislikes: Licorice, Coffee, Grapefruit…

I haven’t perfected a rating table as of yet, so here’s some bad tea jokes instead!

What is a baby teapots favorite game?
Pekoe-boo.

What does a teapot say to it’s lover?
O, dajarling!

How long does it take to ship tea from China by slow boat?
Oolong Time!

What does a tea bag do when it’s tired?
It seeps.

What do lady teapots like to wear?
String of Earls!

Why did the tea get away?
Because it was loose.