It’s overcast and foggy today, so you would think it would finally be a day for tea… Sadly the wind is warm and super strong (it blew the magnets of the fridge earlier), so iced tea it is!

I followed brewing instructions from the Harney US website, as the NZ Harney’s instructions are lacking and confusing [US says one pouch= 1 gallon of tea (3.78 Liters), NZ says one pouch= 1 Liter (0.26 gallons). Hmmmm…]

I steeped 2 cups of boiling water for 15 minutes (at which point it tasted really bitter and I was afraid I had overstepped it) and then mixed in around 6 cups of cold. Now it doesn’t taste bitter at all and I wish that I had steeped it longer for a stronger taste. I ended up making just over 3 Liters worth (under a gallon) due to bottle size constraints. Overall, I’m quite confused as to how much water I should have used due to the contradictions. Anyone know?

Boiling 8 min or more

I generally take my tea straight, although occasionally blacks may end up with a splash of milk if I’m after a certain comfort factor. I’m enjoying expanding my tea palate, and am so far favoring whites and greens the most, although oolongs and blacks aren’t that far behind. Still deciding on rooibos, and have yet to try honeybush.

Likes: Coconut (addict), Peach, Honeydew, Various Melons, Lychee, Nectarine, [Blood and normal] Orange, Tangerine, Berries in general, but specifically Strawberry and Raspberry, Chocolate, Pumpkin, Caramel, Pecan…

Dislikes: Licorice, Coffee, Grapefruit…

I haven’t perfected a rating table as of yet, so here’s some bad tea jokes instead!

What is a baby teapots favorite game?
Pekoe-boo.

What does a teapot say to it’s lover?
O, dajarling!

How long does it take to ship tea from China by slow boat?
Oolong Time!

What does a tea bag do when it’s tired?
It seeps.

What do lady teapots like to wear?
String of Earls!

Why did the tea get away?
Because it was loose.