drank Juicy Blueberry by Zen Tea

Great blend by Zen Tea – Thank you for giving me the opportunity to try it.

Suggested steeping time was 4-5 minutes. I’ve found that Zen’s steeping times are always spot on in every tea I’ve tried from them. I steeped some batches a bit longer, at 8 and 16 minutes respectively.

At 4-5 minutes; You’ve got a beautiful tisane. Really lovely.

8 minutes; Very strong tisane.

16 minutes; Extremely juice-like. My man likes super strong flavours, so I was making this batch for him as an iced drink.

Flavours overall didn’t go through much of a transformation, which I think is good because they were already so well balanced to begin with. On the whole, I tasted currants and hibiscus the most. There were definitely blueberries in the berry mix, but it became a little hard to pick individual notes out. I didn’t find a yogurt note anywhere, nor did my man.

I liked this tea, but didn’t love it – which comes down to personal taste preferences really. It seemed like a wonderfully balanced blend and good quality however, so I’m pretty keen to try it in another flavor (Strawberry Cream, I’m looking at you!) at some point.

Boiling 8 min or more

I generally take my tea straight, although occasionally blacks may end up with a splash of milk if I’m after a certain comfort factor. I’m enjoying expanding my tea palate, and am so far favoring whites and greens the most, although oolongs and blacks aren’t that far behind. Still deciding on rooibos, and have yet to try honeybush.

Likes: Coconut (addict), Peach, Honeydew, Various Melons, Lychee, Nectarine, [Blood and normal] Orange, Tangerine, Berries in general, but specifically Strawberry and Raspberry, Chocolate, Pumpkin, Caramel, Pecan…

Dislikes: Licorice, Coffee, Grapefruit…

I haven’t perfected a rating table as of yet, so here’s some bad tea jokes instead!

What is a baby teapots favorite game?
Pekoe-boo.

What does a teapot say to it’s lover?
O, dajarling!

How long does it take to ship tea from China by slow boat?
Oolong Time!

What does a tea bag do when it’s tired?
It seeps.

What do lady teapots like to wear?
String of Earls!

Why did the tea get away?
Because it was loose.