This tea was a result of a nationwide contest to create a popular breakfast blend. While only supposed to be produced for a limited time, it proved so popular that Twinings introduced it to their normal lineup.

I’m so glad they did.

Twinings heartily suggests adding milk and sugar, which is what I’m drinking right now. MmMm. Yum.

Previously, I have had this tea straight (at 3 minutes) and loved it. The key word I want to impress on this review is “smooth”. This tea is so very very smooth. Not a trace of bitterness (or astringency), even when over steeped (oops! second cup was 7 minutes). The scent of Manuka Honey is very fitting for a NZ Breakfast. There’s a bit of smoke, which reminds me of school camps in the bush and the teacher’s brewing their tea on the fire.

Lovely on it’s own, or with milk and sugar.

Edit: Wow, this has turned into a staple for me. I never would have guessed. It’s SO good. When I start swapping I’m going to make all of you try this, seriously. I know some look down on Twinings, but HOT DAMN this is excellent!

Kasumi no Chajin

does it come in loose leaf?

Miss Starfish

I just called to check and yes it does! They must have been out when I picked this up. Good news regardless.

Comments

Kasumi no Chajin

does it come in loose leaf?

Miss Starfish

I generally take my tea straight, although occasionally blacks may end up with a splash of milk if I’m after a certain comfort factor. I’m enjoying expanding my tea palate, and am so far favoring whites and greens the most, although oolongs and blacks aren’t that far behind. Still deciding on rooibos, and have yet to try honeybush.

Likes: Coconut (addict), Peach, Honeydew, Various Melons, Lychee, Nectarine, [Blood and normal] Orange, Tangerine, Berries in general, but specifically Strawberry and Raspberry, Chocolate, Pumpkin, Caramel, Pecan…

Dislikes: Licorice, Coffee, Grapefruit…

I haven’t perfected a rating table as of yet, so here’s some bad tea jokes instead!

What is a baby teapots favorite game?
Pekoe-boo.

What does a teapot say to it’s lover?
O, dajarling!

How long does it take to ship tea from China by slow boat?
Oolong Time!

What does a tea bag do when it’s tired?
It seeps.

What do lady teapots like to wear?
String of Earls!

Why did the tea get away?
Because it was loose.