This tea is a result of a nationwide contest for choosing New Zealand’s preferred Earl Grey. Last year Twining’s put out the chosen Breakfast, which was such a winner, so I was very keen to try this years pick.

I prefer this without milk or sugar, steeped for 3 minutes. Which is odd, since I hardly ever have earl greys without milk, but find it dulls the citrus notes too much.

Taste wise, it’s basically the classic Twining’s Earl Grey with sweet orange added. Which is nice, don’t get me wrong. I will have to revisit this one as I think my expectations were a bit unfair to this cup. =/

I generally take my tea straight, although occasionally blacks may end up with a splash of milk if I’m after a certain comfort factor. I’m enjoying expanding my tea palate, and am so far favoring whites and greens the most, although oolongs and blacks aren’t that far behind. Still deciding on rooibos, and have yet to try honeybush.

Likes: Coconut (addict), Peach, Honeydew, Various Melons, Lychee, Nectarine, [Blood and normal] Orange, Tangerine, Berries in general, but specifically Strawberry and Raspberry, Chocolate, Pumpkin, Caramel, Pecan…

Dislikes: Licorice, Coffee, Grapefruit…

I haven’t perfected a rating table as of yet, so here’s some bad tea jokes instead!

What is a baby teapots favorite game?
Pekoe-boo.

What does a teapot say to it’s lover?
O, dajarling!

How long does it take to ship tea from China by slow boat?
Oolong Time!

What does a tea bag do when it’s tired?
It seeps.

What do lady teapots like to wear?
String of Earls!

Why did the tea get away?
Because it was loose.