drank Gyokuro Asahi by Tea Palace

I visited Tea Palace for the first time in a while the other day and made a purchase. The owner recognised me from the last time I was there and she remembered what I had previously bought (no mean feat as that was a few months ago, and the shop is always busy). After a chat about green teas, she gave me a free sample of the Gyokuro, which I’d read about but never had before. Looking it up on the net later, I was more than pleased as it’s not cheap and has a very good reputation indeed.

As for the tea itself, it really is a good delicious cup of tea – I thoroughly enjoyed it and worthy of its plaudits. I’m not sure about how to brew it though as what’s on the Tea Palace website differs to other sources which states that this is a difficult tea to brew and needs a temperature of about 60 degrees C. Despite that, I brewed it as I would other green teas and it works well enough.

Mid-30s English bloke living in London who for years never even touched tea, and now gone the other way and just can’t get enough of the stuff! And frustrated that many British people have forgotten how to make a decent cuppa.

When not supping on tea, am found out with birds and the natural world, looking at architecture, learning and discussing history, travelling, and learning languages and linguistics.

London