Wow is all I can say.

I’ve spent a long time looking a for a Masala Chai that is strong enough to hold up the vigor of sweetened milk, foam or the odd touch of caramel. Everyone knows about the fabled Chai concentrate made by Tazo, but if you’re a Englishman like me, importing it is eyewatering expensive.

So I choose to look for a loose tea instead. Having tried all the major brands, I came away thoroughly disappointed. Cinnamon or cardamon dominated all of them, and it tasted rather like I had stirred a spoon of curry powder into my morning cup.

By chance, I stumbled upon this site and this fantastic blend. I was a little skeptical at first but as I looked at the outstanding reviews I decided to be bold and order 2 packs. Since then I’ve been in love with this tea. No other blend I’ve tried can hold the flavour of the spices in such a delicate balance and still maintain such a robust flavour. It can withstand milk, sugar and foam, all of which tend to mute the intensity of blends like this.

The only complaint I have is that it does require a pretty long steeping time to really achieve the heights of its flavour.

By day, the overly critical one who would argue black is white. It is by the way.

By night, an indulgent, food worshipping poet with a penchant for melancholy and a cup of tea.

London