drank Rooibos Tropica by Teavana

I’m trying to think of something interesting to say about this tea, but struggling. It’s a light, pleasant, fruity cup, not wildly exciting or complex, but nice. For me that is something special in that I’ve never been much of a fan of rooibos, so anything that can get me to find it pleasant is a bit of a gem. I’m always looking for new caffeine-free teas. I think I will enjoy drinking my 2oz of this but the jury is still out on whether I will buy it again when it is gone.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m an expat Brit in America, a lifelong tea lover in that British “milk and two sugars” way, who 6 years ago learned to love her tea without sugar, and now is learning to love it without milk. Two summers ago I learned how to make a proper glass of American iced tea. I’m new to indie tea and having an alarming amount of fun trying out all the amazing blends I keep finding! I used to just drink the black tea I brought home from my visits to the UK plus things like Yogi ginger, and now I am finding a whole new world of tea out there to explore.

Right now I’m mostly interested in flavoured teas as I find those the easiest to enjoy without milk and especially in teas with little to no caffeine as too much caffeine can really send my body chemistry into a tailspin. In the early morning I indulge myself with a couple of cups of something caffeinated but after that it’s noncaf all the way. My teacups are pint sized and I usually have one near me.

Near a beach in NY