It’s pumpkin. It has to be good. Alone, sort of shot-style, it’s spicy, not like hot-spicy but like pumpkin spice spice-y. I stir it into hot milk and then it’s creamy and pumpkin-y. Overall it’s hella better than green tea and hella healthier if what they’re telling me is true. Absolutely rivals the pumpkin spice latte in my opinion due to the fact that it is creamier, lower calorie, and much healthier. I’ve tried two of the other matchas (the berry and the caramel) and this one is better than both to me, however I am a sucker for pumpkin and just finished a big container of roasted salted pepitas from Lowes Foods in three days. When I make it, I pour about a quarter cup of milk into a mug and heat it in the microwave for about twenty seconds, and then whisk a half teaspoon of the matcha powder into it with a fork. Then I fill the mug the rest of the way up with milk and add about a half teaspoon of sugar (naughty, I know, considering plain green adds no calories or sugar to my diet) and then heat it up. It’s very warm and cozy but different from a cocoa and healthier than cocoa, which is a good switch for me because I really go for my cocoa in the wintertime.

Here’s the stuff. It’s worth a shot. At the worst you get some hot rich anti-oxidants. But it’s really good. It’s pumpkin, how could it be bad.

I am a microbiologist working in a pharmaceutical laboratory. I love to travel! Originally I did not like tea, but I started drinking green tea for the health benefits, and most of them were awful. My mom introduced me to some “better” teas, and here I am.

I still don’t like black tea, but puerh is pretty good even though it tastes like steeped horse and I am finding some greens that I don’t hate more than brazilians. Matcha is working out a lot better to be honest. Pumpkin pie matcha especially…

NC