drank Butterbeer by 52teas

Had to log this this morning because it is my 8 yr olds first experience today with loose leaf… One proud Momma! He has always turned his nose up at loose leaf until today, and he actually helped me fill the steeper ball. :)

He is home longer this morning for a delay due to cold temperatures, so we had a nice breakfast and tea. He finished his first cup and after breakfast asked for more. We were out of his first choice for today, so I went through some of the options and he chose this. He loves root beer, so this was an obvious first step to loose leaf for him. He was really surprised at how close this was to root beer for him.

This has been one that my Hubby has liked since I was able to get a partial pkg from ShadowFall to try… Thanks again! Now we know we have 2 that enjoy this one and it might be worth the re-stock. I may, however, be looking for a caffeine free version of root beer so he can have it later in the day and not compromise bedtime.

Yvonne

Aww! They grow up so fast :) Looks like he might grow up to be a tea lover just like his mom.

__Morgana__

Yay that your son liked it!

K S

Might have to start hiding your stash before he becomes an all consuming teen! Be afraid. Be very afraid! Kidding. Congrats on the milestone.

Suziqzer

After school he asked about it again. Thinking I’m for sure going to have to find a decaf or rooibos version before summer. He already loves when we have spearmint iced tea in the summer… I imagine knce he knows we can ice this, he’ll be asking for it that way too.

Comments

Yvonne

__Morgana__

Yay that your son liked it!

K S

Suziqzer

37 yr old wife and mother who left her day job to take care of our son. Now running a property management business with my hubby.

I grew up on Lipton -hot w/milk & sugar, Lipton iced w/fresh spearmint and sugar, and Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime … Don’t criticize.

I came across Good Earth Original Sweet and Spicy out of chance and it spurred my interested in trying new teas because it was a flavor I had never had before in a tea. I’m now new to the world of loose leaf teas and looking forward to learning what I like as I journey through some new flavors. Hubby has always enjoyed the occasional cup when we’ve been out and about at restaurants.. now we will find out what good teas are really all about! On with the adventures!

Still relatively new to loose leaf, but I’m learning… Coconut, cinnamon, chai, chocolate, mint, & pineapple are just a few of the flavors I enjoy. I have found that I can do green teas so long as there are other flavors as well and it isn’t the primary flavor. I have only found 1 rooibos blend that was too woodsy for me, most of the time the base is hidden or blends well enough w/flavored versions for my liking. I’m beginning to enjoy fruit teas more and more. I occasionally like a straight black tea.

Hubby likes milder flavors, any base, berry flavors, sweet aromas, sometimes tart, and or floral, and chocolate to my surprise! Almost the opposite of me.. go figure!

My 8 year old just took interest and loves root beer.. so far Butterbeer is a hit, but we haven’t tried any root beer or cola teas yet.. soon thanks to the Marvelous MissB for sending some samples. He enjoyed Winter Nog (Della Terra) recently, but turned away something else I gave him.. darn if I can’t remember now what it was!

Indiana