We took my son to the zoo last week during his Spring Break.. we only visited… didn’t stay, and they didn’t try to keep us either :) On the way home we stopped for dinner and there was a Whole Foods grocery nearby. I somehow managed to get my Hubby and son to take me there … Yeah! I was hoping to find some loose leaf blends, but didn’t find too much I was interested in. It certainly didn’t help that my belly was full.

When we got to the tea section we all took a look around to see if there was anything that peaked our interest. My son found this and exclaimed, “Look Mom, Sleepytime w/Vanilla!” I asked him if he’d like to try it and he immediately said yes.

We got this out this week and he is really enjoying it. He has stepped aside from his normal Sweat Dreams-Bigelow and will occasionally ask for Winter Nog-Della Terra, but since we purchased this it has become his new favorite.

The other night when I was done steeping a cup for him I decided to attempt a resteep of his for myself. It was weak but enjoyable so I went for another cup… fresh tea bag.

I really like this version of Sleepytime. It is the same blend I remember but it has a great vanilla creaminess that adds so much richness and smoothingness (like my new word?) that I feel like I grew up and found the big kid version of the tea I drank as a kid, not that it tastes of liquor, but that it’s like my old version matured and grew up. I can see why so many here have posted good reviews of it.. & I hope I can find it locally so I can keep it stocked for my son-and the occasion cup for myself :)

Marzipan

Walmart carries it near me.

carol who

That’s how I felt, too. I had kind of burned out on Sleepytime years ago (actually in the 80’s) and hadn’t had it since. The vanilla is a really good addition. I drink it all the time now. :)I can find it in most grocery stores around me which makes it even better.

Suziqzer

I’ll have to look next time I’m at the grocery. One of them should have it I would expect. I hadn’t really looked for it yet, I was planning on trying to find it when we were about out od the regular. I haven’t noticed it anywhere when there have been sales, but I think it was good for my son to find it… It makes it more special to him.

Comments

Marzipan

Walmart carries it near me.

carol who

Suziqzer

37 yr old wife and mother who left her day job to take care of our son. Now running a property management business with my hubby.

I grew up on Lipton -hot w/milk & sugar, Lipton iced w/fresh spearmint and sugar, and Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime … Don’t criticize.

I came across Good Earth Original Sweet and Spicy out of chance and it spurred my interested in trying new teas because it was a flavor I had never had before in a tea. I’m now new to the world of loose leaf teas and looking forward to learning what I like as I journey through some new flavors. Hubby has always enjoyed the occasional cup when we’ve been out and about at restaurants.. now we will find out what good teas are really all about! On with the adventures!

Still relatively new to loose leaf, but I’m learning… Coconut, cinnamon, chai, chocolate, mint, & pineapple are just a few of the flavors I enjoy. I have found that I can do green teas so long as there are other flavors as well and it isn’t the primary flavor. I have only found 1 rooibos blend that was too woodsy for me, most of the time the base is hidden or blends well enough w/flavored versions for my liking. I’m beginning to enjoy fruit teas more and more. I occasionally like a straight black tea.

Hubby likes milder flavors, any base, berry flavors, sweet aromas, sometimes tart, and or floral, and chocolate to my surprise! Almost the opposite of me.. go figure!

My 8 year old just took interest and loves root beer.. so far Butterbeer is a hit, but we haven’t tried any root beer or cola teas yet.. soon thanks to the Marvelous MissB for sending some samples. He enjoyed Winter Nog (Della Terra) recently, but turned away something else I gave him.. darn if I can’t remember now what it was!

Indiana