drank Earl Grey Cream by Zen Tea

I got my Zen tea order this morning and told myself I wasn’t going to open any teas until I sipped something down… even a sample bag. Well, that didn’t work very well. I let myself open this one just to smell it.. and I was sunk.

I bought this one due to it’s glowing reviews and some positive comments about it during the discussion about their sale. I figured it would be easy to swap if it didn’t meet my expectations.

Dry leafed this smells rich and sweet. Steeped, and with my normal touch of raw sugar, I found the vanilla & creaminess everyone speaks of with this one, and quite the bergamotty flavor. I can taste the base, but the bergamot, vanilla, and cream almost take over the cup. The added sugar almost makes this decadent. The second steep is almost the same as the first, I didn’t dare try another, but might next time.

I think if I had the option, I would tone down the bergamot a touch so that the vanilla and cream could dance a little more in this blend. Still very good though.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Vanilla

TheTeaFairy

So happy you like this one :-)

TheTeaFairy

(And trying not to open any pouches from a new tea order is a torture I cannot endure!!)

Suziqzer

I know Hubby is going to see my box and say something about where am I going to put it. At least I have a plan… if I can stick to it. Luckily I have a couple of teas w/just 1 cup left ;) That will help!

carol who

The scent of Earl Greys tend to make me swoon. I can never resist!

Suziqzer

carol who.. Have you tried this one?

What is your plan?

Suziqzer

I wondered if she’d like a sample. I can send one in my package to you Cheri. :)

Cheri

Not too into the Earl myself, so I don’t need this one. But thanks!

Suziqzer

Ok. I’ve found most people either love it or hate it.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

So happy you like this one :-)

carol who

The scent of Earl Greys tend to make me swoon. I can never resist!

Suziqzer

carol who.. Have you tried this one?

What is your plan?

Cheri

Not too into the Earl myself, so I don’t need this one. But thanks!

Suziqzer

Ok. I’ve found most people either love it or hate it.

37 yr old wife and mother who left her day job to take care of our son. Now running a property management business with my hubby.

I grew up on Lipton -hot w/milk & sugar, Lipton iced w/fresh spearmint and sugar, and Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime … Don’t criticize.

I came across Good Earth Original Sweet and Spicy out of chance and it spurred my interested in trying new teas because it was a flavor I had never had before in a tea. I’m now new to the world of loose leaf teas and looking forward to learning what I like as I journey through some new flavors. Hubby has always enjoyed the occasional cup when we’ve been out and about at restaurants.. now we will find out what good teas are really all about! On with the adventures!

Still relatively new to loose leaf, but I’m learning… Coconut, cinnamon, chai, chocolate, mint, & pineapple are just a few of the flavors I enjoy. I have found that I can do green teas so long as there are other flavors as well and it isn’t the primary flavor. I have only found 1 rooibos blend that was too woodsy for me, most of the time the base is hidden or blends well enough w/flavored versions for my liking. I’m beginning to enjoy fruit teas more and more. I occasionally like a straight black tea.

Hubby likes milder flavors, any base, berry flavors, sweet aromas, sometimes tart, and or floral, and chocolate to my surprise! Almost the opposite of me.. go figure!

My 8 year old just took interest and loves root beer.. so far Butterbeer is a hit, but we haven’t tried any root beer or cola teas yet.. soon thanks to the Marvelous MissB for sending some samples. He enjoyed Winter Nog (Della Terra) recently, but turned away something else I gave him.. darn if I can’t remember now what it was!

Indiana