Advent Calendar Day 4! Excitement! Three Weeks til Xmastimes!

Ugh. Ok so Salted Caramel story: I looooove Salted Caramels. A lot. Last year President’s Choice had boxes of them, and when I initially tried them I was like bleh, but then I couldn’t stop eating them, and then I was like yum. So yeah, they are something I will devour if we left alone in a room together.

When this tea first came out hubby and I were about to get married and looking for thank you gifts for our famjams. I added some onto an online order of something for his grandma, because I HAD to try this one. And I have never been so disappointed in a tea. It isn’t salty! I do not understand, and it smells better than it tastes. I’ve had 50 grams that I’ve been trying to drink down/get rid of every since.

So this morning when I opened the day 4 door, I actually delayed having my cup of this because I just wasn’t excited. I enjoyed a travel mug of chocolate chili chai on the way to school instead. Nomnom. And then when I got home I had a latte, knowing full well that the flavour just doesn’t live up to my expectations.

And it still doesn’t. I think I’ve managed to manipulate it enough times that I find it mildly pleasing, but like my mom said to me today when she tried it, it just doesn’t taste like salted caramels. I even tried to oversteep it to bring out the flavor. Nothing. So I look forward to something better tomorrow.

HOWEVER I have been drinking the Skinny all night now that I have some again (first time in a year) and it is AMAZING! Totally makes up for this. And that is my story. The end.

Boiling 8 min or more
PatchworkSheep

I also ate several boxes of those salted caramels from PC last year. They were delicious. Can’t seem to find them this year.
Try mixing this tea with other ones. Especially chocolate teas. That makes it better.

Calla

I’ve heard good things about this tea, but I like hearing different opinoins. I have the advent calendar too, I’m just behind in the drinking porcess because of being sick. So today was buttered rum for me :) Cannot wait to try the salted caramel and see how that goes.

Comments

PatchworkSheep

Calla

My love affair with tea began in 2008 when I was living abroad in France. I have since collected teas from all over the world, and enjoy a nice cuppa in the morning. I enjoy mate, black, and herbal tea the best. I am adventuring out a bit into oolong and white teas. Tea is one of my favorite things in the world, and I hope my posts reflect my lighthearted approach to life.

I am a grad student in Ontario where I live with my husband. I study Canadian-American relations and examine Canadian identity through this lens.

Canada