Advent Calendar Day Huit!

Urgh, really DT? ANOTHER BLACK! I’m glad to get this one out of the way because I really have a so so relationship with breakfast teas. I’m sure there is a breakfast blend out there somewhere for me, but I really prefer earl grey if I am going to have something plain.

I think this tastes like what I conceived tea tasting like as a kid. And for that I deem it ok. It is a bit bitter, and I have to drink it with milk and sugar to really enjoy it. It’s not something I am going to be running to repurchase, but I’m sure lots of people who like these traditional flavours love it.

Amani

I’m following along with the 24 Days of Tea advent calendar too, and as a lover of flavored blacks, I’m not complaining that so many of the early ones have been right up my alley :) I think it was a nice breakfast tea, but that’s it—hard for breakfast tea to be really special. I did really enjoy it with a little honey and milk, though—the way I think every breakfast tea should be enjoyed :)

Sweet Canadian

I really like black teas too, it’s just nice to have them spaced out more you know? Last year no two days in a row had the same type of tea (at least as I remember) and this year they just packed them all in the beginning. This makes me sad too because if they were spread out I would be looking forward to them. Ah well, excited to try todays :)

Amani

Yeah. Now we’ve had two greens in a row…I agree it would be nice if the order of different types of tea were more random.

Sweet Canadian

I have a feeling they are like this for the rest of it, and that is unfortunate…

Comments

Amani

Sweet Canadian

My love affair with tea began in 2008 when I was living abroad in France. I have since collected teas from all over the world, and enjoy a nice cuppa in the morning. I enjoy mate, black, and herbal tea the best. I am adventuring out a bit into oolong and white teas. Tea is one of my favorite things in the world, and I hope my posts reflect my lighthearted approach to life.

I am a grad student in Ontario where I live with my husband. I study Canadian-American relations and examine Canadian identity through this lens.

Canada