So I got me some samples courtesy of Teavivre(with many thanks)and enjoyed it profoundly! I have had many varieties of Keemun tea all of which I found to be either lacking in balance or really just lacking in characters(possibly bad luck). This particular type of Keemun by Teavivre fits what most consider a true Keemun tea! Smoky, rich, alomost vlevety, piney with undertones of sweet and possibly flower character that goes great with a rich overtone.
The first brew at five minutes yielded a flavorful tea with much of the smoky, piney , and undertones associated with Keemun. Its not at all too smoky, nor too piney, does not go bitter when over brewed, and smooth of the palate without drying it out. The second brews and beyond have a less but still prominent character that yields a slighty tannin and slightly astringent taste towards the 4th and 5th steep. The tea itself can handle the usual milk and sugar but also a plain cuppa can be much of an experience and a good introduction into smoky teas! What a great tea this is!

I’m a tea lover and a traveler. I believe in delving into cultures and cuisines. In so doing, I have found tea to be the most exciting and adventurous beverage in the world that has played a role in history and in the lives of many. Now that’s a shrub isn’t it!
Note: I may be a purist at times where some teas needs to be enjoyed naturally, yet I do enjoy many other teas that find its way into my palate!

Favorite Teas: Yunnan teas, the staple Assam and some Darjeeling, love Japanese greens, and “indie” teas either home grown or unfamiliar regions i.e. Turkey, Georgia, love Tisanes, Oolongs, some white teas, and my favorite staple: Chai teas.