drank Yunnan Noir by Adagio Teas

A lovely tea indeed! I received 4oz of this beauty just over an hour ago to which I immediately made a cup straight away. The aroma is complex as the taste of the liquor, with hints of honey, a peppery like smell and of course an earthy aroma. The liquor brewed with boiling water just over 208 degrees gave off a stronger aroma of honey and a dominant earthy aroma famous of this tea type with a smooth, slightly sweet, and astringent on the palate. Flavors that make of the tea is dominant in (again) earthy, aged foliage, with a leathery/smoky undertone without the smooth velvet like chocolaty at the back end of the palate. A decent tea, a decent buy with a great price, deserved of Mrs.Luo’s devotion!

I’m a tea lover and a traveler. I believe in delving into cultures and cuisines. In so doing, I have found tea to be the most exciting and adventurous beverage in the world that has played a role in history and in the lives of many. Now that’s a shrub isn’t it!
Note: I may be a purist at times where some teas needs to be enjoyed naturally, yet I do enjoy many other teas that find its way into my palate!

Favorite Teas: Yunnan teas, the staple Assam and some Darjeeling, love Japanese greens, and “indie” teas either home grown or unfamiliar regions i.e. Turkey, Georgia, love Tisanes, Oolongs, some white teas, and my favorite staple: Chai teas.