This tea is certainly a must for tea lovers all over steepster (especially three lucky friends)!The sample I opened up has leaves that are wonderfully shriveled and needle-like, the teas composes of mature leaves with buds that gives a wonderful youthful color and age along aromas that can entangle the senses. Its rather like tripping out and thinking you were ironing using starch spray, or gardening and smelling soil, going through an orchid smelling of fruits! I really love how it all comes together and brings a complexity that follows through in harmony, Brewing this baby had me going, the first infusion at 15 seconds smelled of lightness and youth, starch and plant starchiness with a lighter fruity tone. The liquor was awesome combination of plums and/or grapes, a Keemun likeness with a hint of smokiness that gives this tea depth of age. The second infusion at 30-40 seconds gave a similar aroma yet with a stronger starchiness of rice being cooked and taste, hints of linen starch and a slight but gradual fruity tone that seems to be combined. The last steep at a minute plus has the most starchy aroma being the most prominent, with a sweet potato like taste, hints of plum and some fruitiness. An excellent tea overall! Youth and Age goes hand in hand without a fight and contradiction, like any life’s stories there are hints of sweetness and maturity that seems to indicative of this tea.

I’m a tea lover and a traveler. I believe in delving into cultures and cuisines. In so doing, I have found tea to be the most exciting and adventurous beverage in the world that has played a role in history and in the lives of many. Now that’s a shrub isn’t it!
Note: I may be a purist at times where some teas needs to be enjoyed naturally, yet I do enjoy many other teas that find its way into my palate!

Favorite Teas: Yunnan teas, the staple Assam and some Darjeeling, love Japanese greens, and “indie” teas either home grown or unfamiliar regions i.e. Turkey, Georgia, love Tisanes, Oolongs, some white teas, and my favorite staple: Chai teas.