drank Acai Matetini Mate Tea by Teavana

This is yet another tea that I picked up the other day. I must preface this in saying that this has to be my 2nd favorite mate to date. Just like white tea, I haven’t exactly had a great experience in the past with mate teas. In the store this smelled amazing! I must emphasize that I bought it simply because it looked stunning and the strong tartness was something that bowled me over.
This tea smells far more tart than it turns out. It’s quite fun! I really loved this and at some point I’ll have to blend this with some other teas. The only thing about this that is a bit different than I expected is that the description mentions mint. I have tried this for different steep times but I’ve still never achieved any “mint.” Overall this has been a fun tea and I really like it for a mid-day pick me up. It is also my favorite out of the new teas that I purchased.
edit I must add that even though I love this tea there has been a major disappointment. I really enjoy re-steeping teas, mostly because the cost is pretty high for some of these. But this tea absolutely does not re-steep well. It looses everything that makes it really great in the 1st steep. This puts a huge damper on if I’ll purchase it in the future.

The DJBooth

Sounds awesome I saw that Teavana has come out with a new line of blends. I’m going to have to try this one.

Tamm

I’ve liked all of the new ones that I tried with the exception of the Sakura Allure. I like this one much more. This one is “fun” tea. :p It just has a lot of everything!

Comments

The DJBooth

Tamm

Hello tea drinkers! I’m updating this to let everyone know about my new blog:
I’m just a humble tea drinking student who loves to read and study! :)