drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

I got this one in a swap with Nicole. :) I’m pretty interested in trying this out in comparison to the Butiki coconut cream pie that I really loved. Of course there are some differences, this one is black instead of rooibos, so it should have some very different nuances.
Mmmmm this one is so creamy! I think that I put a bit too many leaves in this, so I think it’s a bit overpowering, my fault not Franks! It’s a little tiny bit astringent, probably a result from the extra leaves. But this is very nice! When I first smelled it I was a bit worried that the coconut would be too strong or be a bit more like suntan lotion. But it’s really calmed down by the time I get it in my cup. I think another thing that I noticed with this one is that the black tea base is much harder to taste than in the other blacks I’ve had from Frank.
I think that the one miracle achieved by both of the coconut cream pie teas that I’ve had is some how figuring out how to make it taste like crust! It’s very pronounced in this cup and I really love that part of the tea. Overall this is pretty good and I’m dying to blend this one with my chocolate oolong from Teavana.