drank Quangzhou Milk Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

After a very long and awesome day at school I thought I’d sit down to my now 5th steep of this tea (still going strong!). I am wondering if anyone else thinks that this smells slightly of cheese? Or at least butter. This is my 2nd experience with milk oolong and I’m glad that they were so wildly different. :) The 1st one was by Teavivre.
This milk oolong has much more of a milk taste instead of Teavivre’s more floral liquor. They are both very good in their own special ways.
For this one I noticed that the smell is just a bit stronger; it hits you right when you open the bag. The flavor itself is very buttery. This was the perfect tea to drink during the snow recently! I have to admit that even though I’ve now had 5 cups of this that I still haven’t really given the flavor too much nitpicking because you know what? I drink it too fast. This really tells me something. A+ tea.

Mercuryhime

I think it tastes like condensed milk, which can be buttery and maybe a little cheesy. :) I’m glad you like this one. I think I’m the only one to be put off by the mineral flavor. I might enjoy Teavivre’s version more. Gotta order that someday. :)

Tamm

It’s interesting that you bring up mineral flavor b/c my husband commented that it tasted slightly of “dirt.” Gah, too bad my Teavivre sample is already gone or else I’d send some to you. :(

Mercuryhime

No worries! Teavivre has other teas I’d like to order anyways. :)

Comments

Mercuryhime

Tamm

Mercuryhime

No worries! Teavivre has other teas I’d like to order anyways. :)

Hello tea drinkers! I’m updating this to let everyone know about my new blog:
I’m just a humble tea drinking student who loves to read and study! :)