drank Mandarin Silk by Art of Tea

Another one of my teas that I tried early on and didn’t much care for. I thought I didn’t like oolong, but this is the 2nd oolong that I’ve had in the last couple days and I think I’ve definitely developed a taste for it. This one has a great vanilla flavor in the first steep, a buttery cream flavor in the second, the last one has lost the buttery-ness, but it’s still pretty good. I’m glad I’m trying out the oolongs again. I’m really enjoying them!

I love tea. And I love beer. I spent my twenties thoroughly enjoying all that beer has to offer but now that I’m into my thirties and a stay at home mom of 2 little kids and 1 big kid, I spend more time enjoying tea.

I joined steepster in Feb 2013 and it’s crazy how much my tastes have changed since joining. Before, I liked cream and honey in all teas and loved mostly dessert blacks. Now I almost rarely drink them, but enjoy them from time to time. What I love more than anything are straight rich black teas, Fujian, Laoshan, Rizhao, etc… I also love pretty much any black tea that the little leaf hoppers have gotten their teeth on.

I’m still not too into the green/white/oolong varieties. I keep trying to but my tastes are evolving pretty slowly on that front.

Overall, I just enjoy tea. Something about it that just settles me.

Portland, OR