This cold has got me down. In the last two weeks, I’ve had the actual flu, which turned into a sinus infection and eye infection. Last friday I finally felt 75% better. Saturday morning I woke up with another cold. I fear this one is turning into another sinus infection. One of the many annoyances of being sick is that I have all these teas to try and my tasters aren’t working properly! I’m trying my best not to waste any new ones before I can actually enjoy them, but I couldn’t wait on this one any longer, and I was hopeful it would be a strongly flavored chai that would make me feel a tad bit better.

I made it using the stovetop method so that I had the highest chance of getting the most flavor out of it and added some milk and honey. This is an amazing chai. The spices are so perfect and I love that the ginger and peppercorn make it a little spicy. I wish I could taste the Laoshan Black underneath and but I’m sure that’s cause my taster is on the fritz.

I’m currently on my 3rd steep of this. For number three I added more water to the pan, brought it to boil and then covered it and let it sit while I ran errands. Still just as strong in flavor and spice. This time I used almond milk as dairy isn’t doing my any favors with my sinuses.

I think I’ll try for #4, cause, why not?

Tealizzy

It’s probably a compliment to this chai that you liked it even while you had a cold! I hope you feel better soon!

TastyBrew

Thanks! Yes, it could be my new favorite. I might have to do a taste test between this one and Yogic. Have you had that yet?

Tealizzy

No, haven’t tried Yogic. Will keep that in mind. :)

TastyBrew

It’s a really good one. I didn’t list it in the teas for swapping, but I’d be willing to part with a bit since you seem to enjoy the chai’s as well!

Comments

Tealizzy

Tealizzy

No, haven’t tried Yogic. Will keep that in mind. :)

TastyBrew

I love tea. And I love beer. I spent my twenties thoroughly enjoying all that beer has to offer but now that I’m into my thirties and a stay at home mom of 2 little kids and 1 big kid, I spend more time enjoying tea.

I joined steepster in Feb 2013 and it’s crazy how much my tastes have changed since joining. Before, I liked cream and honey in all teas and loved mostly dessert blacks. Now I almost rarely drink them, but enjoy them from time to time. What I love more than anything are straight rich black teas, Fujian, Laoshan, Rizhao, etc… I also love pretty much any black tea that the little leaf hoppers have gotten their teeth on.

I’m still not too into the green/white/oolong varieties. I keep trying to but my tastes are evolving pretty slowly on that front.

Overall, I just enjoy tea. Something about it that just settles me.

Portland, OR