drank S'mores by Della Terra Teas

My day of sampling Della Terra teas has begun. I want to get an order in while everything’s on sale and so time to dive into my stash of samples…

First up, S’mores. I got this from Alphakitty and have been very excited about it. Seems like its a favorite amongst the steepsterites. It smelled great while steeping and I immediately added just a bit of honey and then a little bit of steamed milk. Yum! I’ll definitely be ordering this. I think I’ll go a little heavier on the leaves in my next cup though. I’m only doing 8oz cups today instead of my usual 16oz mug since I have so many to go through. I don’t want to be bouncing off the walls by the end of the day so I have to hold back.

But so far, 1 for 1.

I love tea. And I love beer. I spent my twenties thoroughly enjoying all that beer has to offer but now that I’m into my thirties and a stay at home mom of 2 little kids and 1 big kid, I spend more time enjoying tea.

I joined steepster in Feb 2013 and it’s crazy how much my tastes have changed since joining. Before, I liked cream and honey in all teas and loved mostly dessert blacks. Now I almost rarely drink them, but enjoy them from time to time. What I love more than anything are straight rich black teas, Fujian, Laoshan, Rizhao, etc… I also love pretty much any black tea that the little leaf hoppers have gotten their teeth on.

I’m still not too into the green/white/oolong varieties. I keep trying to but my tastes are evolving pretty slowly on that front.

Overall, I just enjoy tea. Something about it that just settles me.

Portland, OR