This tea has the most amazingly wonderfully delicious aroma. It came in the mail today and I grabbed it as we were leaving so I couldn’t brew it up right away. So instead my excitement grew and grew to try it.

At least it smells good. But the tea is not great. I’m hoping I can coax a better flavor out of this by experimenting with temps and times. I let about half my cup cool completely while I was making dinner and it actually kind of tasted like caramel corn and genmaicha. I resteeped my leaves and the second round had kind of an old butter flavor. Bleh.

I really want to like this. It has so much potential and I love flavored genmaichas. And seriously, it smells amazing.

I love tea. And I love beer. I spent my twenties thoroughly enjoying all that beer has to offer but now that I’m into my thirties and a stay at home mom of 2 little kids and 1 big kid, I spend more time enjoying tea.

I joined steepster in Feb 2013 and it’s crazy how much my tastes have changed since joining. Before, I liked cream and honey in all teas and loved mostly dessert blacks. Now I almost rarely drink them, but enjoy them from time to time. What I love more than anything are straight rich black teas, Fujian, Laoshan, Rizhao, etc… I also love pretty much any black tea that the little leaf hoppers have gotten their teeth on.

I’m still not too into the green/white/oolong varieties. I keep trying to but my tastes are evolving pretty slowly on that front.

Overall, I just enjoy tea. Something about it that just settles me.

Portland, OR