drank Peanut Butter Toast by 52teas

I’m trying to get through some of my samples that I haven’t tried yet. This one has been sitting in the drawer ever since I got it from Alphakitty since it smelled smokey. I’m not a fan of smokey at all, but I need to make room in my sample drawer so I brewed it up.

It’s a little smokey, almost fruity. Definitely not peanut butter-y. For a slightly smokey tea I found it almost tolerable. But I can’t say enjoyable.

Thanks for letting me try it Alphakitty!

I love tea. And I love beer. I spent my twenties thoroughly enjoying all that beer has to offer but now that I’m into my thirties and a stay at home mom of 2 little kids and 1 big kid, I spend more time enjoying tea.

I joined steepster in Feb 2013 and it’s crazy how much my tastes have changed since joining. Before, I liked cream and honey in all teas and loved mostly dessert blacks. Now I almost rarely drink them, but enjoy them from time to time. What I love more than anything are straight rich black teas, Fujian, Laoshan, Rizhao, etc… I also love pretty much any black tea that the little leaf hoppers have gotten their teeth on.

I’m still not too into the green/white/oolong varieties. I keep trying to but my tastes are evolving pretty slowly on that front.

Overall, I just enjoy tea. Something about it that just settles me.

Portland, OR