drank Khumbu by Joy's Teaspoon

Another from my ocho sampler from Joy’s Teaspoon. This tea is from Nepal and according to the website, is processed at a factory owned by the tea growers and run by a woman. I’m all for that, so I was hopeful that I would like this one. And I do! I found a winner for the BBBB! Now I have an excuse to order more Cinnamon Roll from Joys Teaspoon, too!

I dumped the whole tiny tin into my gaiwan to make this one. It is very similar to a Yunnan, but spicier. Along the lines of Zhu Rong. Not as chocolatey though, more caramel I think. But man, spicy. And a touch of toasted rice flavor. I’m really enjoying it! I’ll add updates if the flavor profile shifts at all through the steepings, but steeps 1-3 are really enjoyable.

DigniTea

I quite enjoy this tea!

Comments

DigniTea

I quite enjoy this tea!

I love tea. And I love beer. I spent my twenties thoroughly enjoying all that beer has to offer but now that I’m into my thirties and a stay at home mom of 2 little kids and 1 big kid, I spend more time enjoying tea.

I joined steepster in Feb 2013 and it’s crazy how much my tastes have changed since joining. Before, I liked cream and honey in all teas and loved mostly dessert blacks. Now I almost rarely drink them, but enjoy them from time to time. What I love more than anything are straight rich black teas, Fujian, Laoshan, Rizhao, etc… I also love pretty much any black tea that the little leaf hoppers have gotten their teeth on.

I’m still not too into the green/white/oolong varieties. I keep trying to but my tastes are evolving pretty slowly on that front.

Overall, I just enjoy tea. Something about it that just settles me.

Portland, OR