Back home from vacation! Super happy to be back with my tea stash, but will definitely miss the warmth of Kuaui!

With my order from TTC, I received a surprise sample of a new black tea they are growing themselves called ‘Formosa Golden Dragon Tippy Black Tea’. It’s not on their website site yet, but when it is, I’ll move this review over to the appropriate steepster page.

This tea is delicious. Has that signature Taiwan Black Tea flavor, but is markedly different as well. The aftertaste is totally cinnamon, like cinnamon candy, but not fake, just good. The cup is super smooth and has a bit of a Fujian flavor to it. Will definitely order it when it pops on the website. But their samples are so huge, I have several cups left before I’ll need to order.

TTC has quickly joined the ranks of Verdant, Butiki, and Yezi teas for me. Amazing tea and customer service.

Terri HarpLady

Welcome back!!
This one sounds tasty!

so glad to have you back! :)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Welcome back!!
This one sounds tasty!

so glad to have you back! :)

I love tea. And I love beer. I spent my twenties thoroughly enjoying all that beer has to offer but now that I’m into my thirties and a stay at home mom of 2 little kids and 1 big kid, I spend more time enjoying tea.

I joined steepster in Feb 2013 and it’s crazy how much my tastes have changed since joining. Before, I liked cream and honey in all teas and loved mostly dessert blacks. Now I almost rarely drink them, but enjoy them from time to time. What I love more than anything are straight rich black teas, Fujian, Laoshan, Rizhao, etc… I also love pretty much any black tea that the little leaf hoppers have gotten their teeth on.

I’m still not too into the green/white/oolong varieties. I keep trying to but my tastes are evolving pretty slowly on that front.

Overall, I just enjoy tea. Something about it that just settles me.

Portland, OR