drank Vanilla Almond by Design a Tea

For $4.75 you can “design a tea” over at designatea.com and choose which base you want (black, oolong, green or rooibos) along with two flavors. Sounds like a good idea! Especially when you get two free samples of your own custom blend. (And I received a third they made as well!) The samples consist of one tea bag of each flavor. I love trying teas, so I could try all their flavor combos possible, but I went with a vanilla almond black tea. I really wanted to try all three elements here, because they are usually hit or miss. Black teas with vanilla flavor is my favorite usually. The black tea is a great base, with a medium flavor. The flavor is a bit dry to me, like one I’d attribute to a white tea, but still delicious. The vanilla flavor is mild yet present. I could have used more, since I can never have enough vanilla flavor. The almond flavor is great too, a genuine almond, definitely present with a toastiness to it. The second steep was just as good as the first. All three flavors go perfect together. It’s a great idea to send out free samples. Give it a try! (designatea.com) I won’t forget about trying this one, and I’ll keep it in mind in the future. Such an interesting concept!