drank Toasted Rice by Numi Organic Tea

Genmaichas are the toastiest teas around. They have a great nutty, roasted, toasted, buttery flavor, and maybe something a bit burnt but in a good way. Numi’s genmaicha is all of these. There is also a silky texture left in your mouth. The tea bag is VERY full. I didn’t see very much toasted rice here, and usually genmaichas have popcorn in them, which is fun and should be essential. ( I think the “fun” came from Troy on NBC’s Community saying “Kettle corn’s a fun time snack!” Watch that show! Clearly it stays in my head.) The steep color is a light green. I think with a genmaicha, the toastier the better, but you have to be careful with this one. Oversteeping will make it almost unbearably bitter. But this is GOOD and I must invest in a genmaicha, even if it isn’t this one.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: