I invented this with Design A Tea’s awesome concept of adding two flavors to a base tea of black, oolong, rooibos or green. You can create two teabags that they send you for $2 shipping. I don’t know if I just made a not-so-great flavor combination or what. It’s okay, but nothing spectacular. The steep color is almost like an apple juice, which is fitting I guess. I can’t really taste an oolong flavor, which means it is probably very light. The apple flavor is subtle. And I can’t tell if there is much of a pecan flavor. The second steep is just as flavorful as the first. Do apple and pecan really go well together anyway? I don’t know what I was thinking, but I’ve been on the lookout for a really good apple tea if anyone has any ideas.

teataku

I would think it might be difficult for apple flavoring to be detectable when paired with a traditional tea base, like black tea or oolong. The tea itself, even if not strong, would probably cover it up. Maybe try an herbal blend?

Tea Sipper

Yeah, that sounds like it would make sense!

Comments

teataku

Tea Sipper

Yeah, that sounds like it would make sense!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: