drank Butter Truffle by ESP Emporium

I just love the look of the unsteeped tea. It has some great things in it: pistachios, sliced almonds, pink peppercorns. The smell is interesting. It’s sweet. Both the scent and flavor remind me a bit of a dessert roll with orange icing or like a creamsicle flavor with less orange. And in the ingredients list, orange is actually listed so that makes sense. I think the majority of the flavor comes from the last ingredient: flavoring. I don’t see the flavor coming from the almonds, pistachios, cumin or peppercorns. It’s more of whatever kind of flavoring they add to it. Maybe I didn’t steep it at a high enough temp or long enough time. The black tea itself isn’t a strong flavor, but you wouldn’t really want a strong base to go with these flavors. Overall, it’s a good tea. But I wish the ingredients would have shined more than the “flavor”.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: