drank Japan Genmaicha by ESP Emporium

No one has reviewed this yet? Hm. This was my splurge from my ESP purchase (even though I had a good deal anyway… it was still a bit steep in price for me.) I love Genmaicha, so I really wanted a full size. I’m not sure the ESP are “full size” anyway. The pouches are only 1.76 ounces and they look pretty small to me. It’s interesting that the dry leaves smell so fresh but the tea itself while tasting is toasty and roasty. The flavor of the fresh and bright green tea isn’t there anymore. But I love the mix of a fresh green tea and roasty and toasty popcorn! Is this the best genmaicha out there? Probably not, but I’ll settle. I feel like it should have more flavor, even though this blend has a TON of both kinds of popcorn in it.. very accurate to the above picture! I did get three good steeps out of this though. The second steep was more buttery. I do love ESP Emporium’s occasional coupons though. I think this was $25 worth of tea for $15 if I remember correctly.

Alphakitty

I love genmaicha so much! Buttery, toasty, mmm goodness.

Azzrian