A huge thank you to Nature’s Tea Leaf for sending me some VERY generous samples! I’m honored you chose me! naturestealeaf.com

I was a bit curious how a cinnamon oolong would taste! I LOVE a good oolong. Opening the bag, there are some huge pieces of cinnamon bark in the bag… so big that I had to snap them in half to fit in my infuser! The oolong itself is gorgeous bright green leafy bundles.

First steep: 3 1/2 minutes
This definitely smells like cinnamon! It almost smells more like cinnamon than it tastes, but as it cools it tastes more like cinnamon too. The oolong for the first cup is delicious and DOES pair well with the cinnamon. It is one of my favorite oolong flavors: light, smooth and floral. The flavor is slightly vegetal yet very sweet AND there is even a slight hint of a fruit flavor, maybe peach? I haven’t tasted peach in an oolong before.

Second steep: 5 minutes
Still a lovely cinnamony scent and taste. The steep color is yellow. Now the oolong is a bit more peachy! Still not floral, but peachy! Yum! A flavor that really lingers! Cinnamon & peaches… seems like it should be a dessert of some kind!

Third steep: 7 1/2 minutes
I’ve found with flavored oolongs, the first steep has the most flavor that isn’t from the oolong itself, but with subsequent steeps, the oolong flavor itself keeps getting better. This had more cinnamon since I steeped it at a higher temp. The oolong is a bit buttery this time, less peachy! On my oolong flavor strength rating scale, in which one is light and floral and five is the strongest, I’d give this one a three. I really could keep re-steeping these leaves, but since I always steep a full mug, I can only drink so much tea! I think I need to get in the habit of steeping tiny cups so I can try a bunch more steeps. Nature’s Leaf sent me a huge sample, so maybe one day! This is very impressive!

Alphakitty

I loved this one too! So unique, and really really tasty.