thank you Amanda for including this one in your envelope of tea samples sale! I immediately wanted to try this one because it is a hojicha and just look at that picture for this tea! I don’t think I’ve ever had a coconut banana creme pie before, but it looks good. I THINK this is the only 52 Teas that is made from a hojicha base. I had my first hojicha a couple months ago and I was automatically hooked. I love the toasty flavor and I much prefer the roasted green tea over the usual green tea. This one is GOOD. I had a big chunk of banana in my infuser and after steeping, it looks like a ripe banana is sitting in there. Many nice coconut chunks too. I think hojicha just lends itself to a bakey dessert flavor. I love that the banana and coconut flavors are pretty evenly matched, much like the picture of that pie. I do wish there were a bit more flavor, but I’m very happy with this one! Because this is a hojicha, it is worth it to me! The second steep had just as much flavor, but that’s because I stoked it. Why aren’t there more 52 teas hojichas? Hmm.. Also, what is with all the coconut teas I’ve been drinking lately?

MsWhatsit

Sounds awesome. I’ve never heard of Hojicha before and will have to try it, not only because you made it sound good, but because it’s a fun sounding word.

Azzrian

I love hojicha! WOuld love this stuff!

Mercuryhime

Yes! Need more houjicha blends! Low caffeine. Can drink all day! :D

Tea Sipper

Oh geeze.. I just thought of that today while still thinking about this tea hours later: hojicha IS a fun word to say!

Comments

MsWhatsit

Azzrian

I love hojicha! WOuld love this stuff!

Mercuryhime

Yes! Need more houjicha blends! Low caffeine. Can drink all day! :D

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: