THANK YOU TeaEqualsBliss for including this in our tea swap! I’ve been so spoiled with teas for the last few months, mostly from Steepsterers. I really appreciate it.

First steep / 37 seconds: I had to read the instructions for steeping this on the Verdant site! It really does not need much steeping at all. It’s very impressive that so much flavor was there so quick. The first cup already has amazing flavor, that isn’t normally tasted in oolongs until a couple cups in, when the leaves have unraveled a bit! This one is PEACH. A light peach, with a bit of a subtle cream flavor. Peaches and cream?!! It also seems like a bit of cantalope or honeydew melon. So it’s a fruity tea. It’s pretty amazing that these flavors can come from tea leaves.

Second steep / 42 seconds: It’s interesting there isn’t much of a floral flavor here that I usually find in light oolongs. This one is strictly fruit. It’s very sweet! This cup is much like the first.

Third steep / 52 seconds: I think I had too high of a temp on this one. The peach flavor is entirely gone now. I thought I waited long enough for the water to cool…guess not. I wonder why the peach flavor isn’t even listed on the flavor profile for this one the Verdant site?

Fourth steep / 57 seconds: I think this one was still ruined from the high temp steep. But now there is more a floral flavor now. With my oolong flavor rating where one is the lightest/most floral flavor and five has the strongest flavor, this tea would be a two.

Unlike most oolongs, I think the first cup was the best. I didn’t rinse the leaves like the Verdant site suggested. I think this is the first Verdant Tea I’ve tried! Nice!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: