drank Marzipan - 952 by Tea Haus

First to make a tasting note for this one? Thanks Darby, for sending this with our trade!

The steep color is a medium brown. I guess I always expect black teas to have a deeper color. But this one didn’t have a ton of flavor either. That’s a good thing though, because there wasn’t a ton of almond flavor that would have been masked by a stronger black tea. I’m pretty sure most of the almond taste didn’t come from the few tiny almond bits in the blend, but the “natural flavoring”. And the almond was really only present with a few of the sips and mostly at the top of the cup. I wish there were more to say about this one! Nothing terrible but nothing special.

MsWhatsit

That’s a shame. With a name like that, it should be fragrant with almond with hints of rose, orange, and vanilla. I’m a big fan of the stuff it’s named for.

Tea Sipper

I had no idea what what marizpan is.. but I definitely don’t think I got any rose or orange in this. I’ll keep that in mind though, the next time I drink it!

MsWhatsit

Marzipan is traditionally ground almonds with sugar and rosewater. Sometimes it’s made with orange blossom water and/or vanilla. It’s an old world candy traditionally colored (sometimes gilded) and shaped into fruits or used to cover cakes.

Tea Sipper

ah, okay. That sounds delicious.

Comments

MsWhatsit

Tea Sipper

ah, okay. That sounds delicious.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: