drank Tulsi Chai by Fusion Teas

I had to try more of Fusion’s chai teas since I tried their Caramel Chai Pu-erh and the aspect I loved most about it was the chai spices. They have a few chai blends: mate, rooibos, etc. Fusion sent me this one to try with my order. I love basil so I had to try this one! I guess I assumed that tulsi was more like a basil ( I’ve had another tulsi tea in the past and it was definitely basil) but I don’t find much basil flavor here. It is blended with a black tea and spices, so it might be hidden. But if you’re just looking at it as a chai, this stuff is GOOD. I don’t usually add milk to chai, but this one would taste great with it, since the flavors are so strong. The steep color is a nice deep brown. The black tea is like little pieces or chunks that look like little pebbles, rather than a “leaf”. The balance between the black tea and the spices is excellent. I’ll have to try it again to see if I find more basil in it. I steeped for 4 or 5 minutes instead of the recommended 3, and I’ll try to steep even less than that next time. But if this is just rated as a chai tea, this is amazing. I’d say it is the Fusion tea that I’ve tried with the most flavor!

Babble

Never heard of a chai blend with tulsi in it (you usually find them more in herbal blends). Sounds pretty neat :)