drank GenmaiMatcha by Zen Tea

Thanks Zen tea for sending me a sample of this one! This was my first matcha! I may be a bad judge of matcha, since I’ve never had any before. It intrigued me that it was blended with genmaicha though, which is a favorite. I waited for the water to cool a while so the matcha wasn’t bitter and steeped for a minute thirty. It’s kind of hard to tell where the genmaicha ends and the matcha begins, since I’m not exactly sure what a matcha should taste like, but this was good! The genmaicha is a delicious base and was dusted with matcha powder to make it an even brighter green. The steep color was a cloudy bright green. The flavor has that toasty roastiness of a perfect genmaicha. I feel like I keep using the same words to describe genmaicha (toast, roast) but are there any others, really? I love the balance with the fresh & clean sencha. I just wish I could tell how good the matcha is compared to others. I wasn’t planning on it, but I infused the leaves for three cups, I loved it so much. The other steeps were for a bit longer, but other than most of the matcha powder disappearing, the genmaicha flavor was still as strong as the first cup. This is three for three with amazing samples from Zentealife.com. I’m looking forward to trying more and will be placing an order when my tea stash is depleted a bit… that may be a while though!