Yes, I saved this one to review on Halloween! The name is accurate with this one, just like the apple pie was yesterday! If I’m not mistaken, this looks to have little bits of pumpkin pie filling in the blend? Like the stuff that you’d buy in a can and then somehow it is dried for tea? If so, what a genius idea! I was definitely getting a pumpkin flavor, and not just the spices that gets added to anything pumpkin flavored. It had a great balance of the spice with the squashy, vegetal pumpkin! As usual with Della Terra, the black tea base isn’t overpowering the flavors. The second steep was just as good, since I used just-boiled water. Peeking in the infuser, the pumpkin filling pieces or the sprinkles weren’t completely melted into the tea. I really like this one, and I think this is the best idea on how to make a pumpkin tea… pumpkin pie filling! (But if anyone knows that this isn’t pumpkin pie filling, please correct me if I’m wrong!) Another amazing tea from Della Terra! This is why I knew I shouldn’t have tried so many in their sample packs… I will want to buy full ounces of most of the teas I’ve tried!

Nik

The list of ingredients states that they are “pumpkin candies.”

Tea Sipper

I know the pumpkin candies are the sprinkles, but it seems like my blend has something else in it, not listed on this ingredients list. I don’t know…

Nik

Oh! Sorry I misunderstood… =)

Kittenna

Yeah, I know what you mean. My impression was that the pumpkin candies were actually little pumpkin chunks, which was why they didn’t “melt” in the infuser. Either way, there were definitely little orange bits of something in my infuser post-steeping!

Comments

Nik

The list of ingredients states that they are “pumpkin candies.”

Tea Sipper

Nik

Oh! Sorry I misunderstood… =)

Kittenna

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: