drank Spicy Chai by ESP Emporium

I’ve had this one a while… just making tasting notes now. It was a sample included with my ESP order. First, I think the flavor has changed since the last time I had it, unless I brewed it differently (of course, it’s different every time). But I don’t trust these ESP packages that are not sealed air tight. The bags just fold over. I put all my ESP teas in one ziplock. The flavor seems very mild for a chai, and I steeped it for a while! It seems like any chai with black tea mixed with it is more mild.. less room for the spices. (Except for Zentealife.com’s Energizing Chai which had both pu-erh and mate added to it and the flavor was AMAZING.) I do like that this one had black pepper in it. I saw a bunch of those fall into my infuser first. But really, why is this so mild tasting?