Butiki sent me a sample to try — thank you! Oh wow… this one is luxurious! There are definite flavors of maple and pecan here. It’s just like maple syrup with pecans! I’d say the pecan and maple flavors are equally present. There are huge chunks of pecan in this blend! The oolong leaves are black, wiry, twisty — I haven’t seen an oolong like this yet. I think it’s a nice base for the flavors. It doesn’t have a typical floral taste of an oolong that might otherwise taste terrible with maple or pecan. This type of oolong lets the flavors shine. There is also a slight flavor of dates or something similar.. and also something bakey! I wish I could have tried this type of oolong unflavored, to see how it is contributing to the flavors. Perfect with Thanksgiving in a couple days… it has me looking forward to all that pecan pie I’ll be having!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: