thank you Nicole for sending me some of this in the stash reduction! I brewed this for 3 or 4 minutes. It says one minute! What? I need to be awake! It may be slightly oversteeped tasting, but that’s the way I like my black teas. The steep color is a deep red-hinted brown. The flavor is delicious. It is a full black flavor, with a hint of something fragrant. I think assams are a bit sweeter than other black teas, based on the few assams I’ve tried. I think I like they better than other black teas, just as long as they still have a kick to them. This one does! Upon the first sip, I definitely felt more awake!

ETA: I tried this with some oatmeal today. That was before I saw Momo had Celestial Seasonings tea with oatmeal today.. but it was an idea I had from her a few months back. I haven’t had maple &brown sugar oatmeal since I was a kid and I forgot how good it is. I’m not sure if I got much of a tea flavor with those flavors. I’ll have to try it with the steelcut oatmeal that I usually have. I almost also chose 52Teas Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal today, when I was choosing a tea this morning. So I can’t wait to try that one!