The catuaba that Infussion sent me as a free sample didn’t seem to wake me up this morning, so I thought I’d try steeping these… they are supposed to do that to. I thought about mixing these with the catuaba, but I wanted to steep them by themselves first to give them a fair chance. They look like tiny blueberries. I steeped them for ten minutes with just boiled water. The steep color is a pinkish pale color — for some reason I thought it would be red, but I guess that is what hibiscus is added to tea for, and this tea is only berries. Sadly, the taste is like hibiscus anyway. It seems like a mixture of blueberries, cranberries, hibiscus, rosehips… and something else that I can’t place. They are very tart and sour. The berries seem like they should be an ingredient in a blend and not just by themselves. I don’t think this significantly woke me up either. This isn’t really my thing, but I’m sure it is the best for what it is.

Boiling 8 min or more
Infussion

Go on with at least three teaspoons and powder them than steep with boiling water for 10 minutes and closed lid.

Effect can be easily recognized (with proper dose) outside doing some physical activity.

darky

going to try this one aswel tnx for the brew instructions infussion!

Tea Sipper

I thought it said one teaspoon on the site… but it seems three teaspoons and powdering them would make the unbearably tart.

Infussion

“Find the amount that suits your needs starting from 1 teaspoon of berries per cup.”

It’s about the effect, not taste. That’s true for all items in herbs category.

Comments

Infussion

darky

going to try this one aswel tnx for the brew instructions infussion!

Tea Sipper

Infussion

It’s about the effect, not taste. That’s true for all items in herbs category.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: