drank Feng Shui Wellness by Tealux

So I ordered about 23 or so samples from Tealux. They had a sale! I like samples..I can’t help it! I have so many samples, it would take me forever to get through any ounces of tea, so I choose samples. Sadly, they didn’t have any of the Russian Maple Souchong… which is the reason I ordered from them in the first place. This will be the first of many I will be writing tasting notes for.

I thought this would be a fitting tea to drink last night: New Year’s Eve! It seems like it’d be a healthy tea to start the year with right. I love the rainbow of colors in the blend and the idea that all the elements are here— earth, fire, wood, metal, water. Well, I hope there isn’t any metal in here though. The steep color is a bright reddish orange. The flavor is great for a herbal tea.. but I think the lemon grass and the blackberry leaves are making it a little more medicinal than I’d like. I really can’t stand blackberry leaves in a tea.

Uniquity

I’ve always shied away from samples on the basis of “if I love it and only have a little then I’ll be sad.” Starting to re-think that as I want new tea (despite not needing it)!

MsWhatsit

I love samples. That way, if I don’t like it, I’m not stuck with large amounts, but if I do, I can order a large amount.

Cavocorax

I find samples are essential! I can’t afford to try all the new teas otherwise, and I can justify it because I’m so new to tea. Better to try ALL THE TEAS and see what’s great, then pick those up at the next sale. I already ordered a few from Zen Tea based just on the freebies they gave us.

Tea Sipper

The way I see it: If I have over 200 kinds of tea samples, I won’t even be drinking the majority of teas twice a year, so if I have samples with only a few teaspoons instead of ounces, the tea won’t be bad before I drink it.

Comments

Uniquity

MsWhatsit

Cavocorax

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: